Team Cheryle


Amazing Times

What an amazing past few weeks I have had. I guess to sum up things that have been happening: life is good.

Steve has been home with me for a few weeks. It has been great for both of us. I have been cooking..yes, I said that. Cooking every night. I have been meal planning, and going shopping of the week. I have made some amazing things. I am a 5 ingredient girl or less mind you. I have had only ONE fail.

My Birthday was amazing! Great times and Great company. Steve surprised me with dinner with my two best friends.

In a few weeks I will be starting my self imposed summer study sessions. I will be spending 3-4 hours per day reading, reviewing and preparing for 4th Semester 2.0. Such is life. 🙂 I am happy to be able to be doing it at all.

I have been working day shift at work, for the first time in 7 years. I have gotten to know my dayshift coworkers so much better. I have really enjoyed it. It has given me a new perspective on the way our unit functions. I have missed my nightshift gals so very much. Getting to see them in the morning when I come to work has been great, yet not enough. I have finally gotten used to waking each day about 0400-0430, getting things together and out the door. Its a different life, to be out the house with the morning sun and back home with the afternoon sun. What a different life it is. I have been working night shift since I came to the hospital. I love it. I have nights that I am “kicking and screaming” to leave my house, but its nothing to do with what I do, who I work with, or what I do. More that I wanted one more hour to stay home.

Since Steve has been home, I have been working dayshift we have fallen into a routine that is nice and comfortable. I am going to have to readjust in a few weeks to being alone again, and to burning the candle at both ends.  I will be able to do it. I will need support, understanding and patients more than ever. Steve will also, be going through an adjustment during that time. He will need real friends more than ever, while he is back in DE.


I see the orthopedic tomorrow for my 90 check up. I am crossing fingers that I get the all clear to return to regular duties. That way I can turn my paper work into school. I will be in PT for another two months to work on strengthening. One step closer to getting my life back.

Ok, so everyone have a great night…. TTYL



Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.